Shakawe River Lodge is situated in the pan handle region on the Okavango Delta which has been listed as a world heritage site 10km south of the small town of Shakawe, overlooking the Panhandle’s key river system: The Okavango River and the focus here is very much on river-based activities with fishing and birding activities.
Shakawe River Lodge is accessible by road from the north and south. It is a gateway and ideal stopover for visitors on business or holiday travelling.
Shakawe airstrip is a mere 10 km from the lodge. Chartered flights can be arranged from Maun on Request.
- 10 luxury thatched en-suite chalets.
- Each chalet is situated under the canopy of magnificent.
- Shakawe River Lodge also offers a large shady and spacious campsite, especially for those who prefer to camp with their own equipment.
- The campsite has 10 individual campsites, each with its own river view
- The sites are portioned off and each has its own braai facility/fireplace, a washing basis with cold water, lights and power point.
- There is a large ablution block with separate ladies and gents’ sections, all with flush toilet and hot water.
- 10 luxury thatched ensuite chalets
- 10 individual campsites with shared ablution block
- Restaurant at main lodge
- Smaller restaurant and Bar at camping site